Saturday, December 6, 2008

Holiday Shopping



Black Friday came and went, and still the deals are not impressing. I've already spent countless hours looking for great deals when there seem to be none in sight. How are we holiday shoppers suppose to get into the jolly mood to spend our hard earned mula when everything is so expensive? I have decided to try and make my own gifts this year seeing as I'm not really in the mood to grow even more broke than I already am. I have decided to bake, and paint ornaments and sew potpourri sachet's or do little gift baskets, after all.... isn't it really the thought that counts? I mean in all honesty... I'd rather have a homemade gift that required thoughtfulness and creativity than some lousy re-gifted smelly body lotion. I use to love gift cards, and still do, but with this economy it is quite daunting to give gift cards when so many stores will be shutting their doors come January. Why spend money on a plastic card when they very well may not be honored. And by the way they can do that, if they file for bankruptcy. Sharper Image pulled that stunt last year, and I was not able to use my gift card. :( So with the long list of stores closing I am more reluctant than ever to give gift cards do to the fact that m y money will have been spent for nothing. This way my homemade calendar to a newly engaged couple will have more sentiment than a gift card to a soon to be closing Linens and things.

No comments: